| 3 comments ]

Ever wonder why Nokia N9/N950 has the FM receiver hardware but there are no app for it?



Thomas Perl from My-MeeGo has worked out on GUI from the modified fmrx code by javiespedro to accept new frequencies on stdin and a GUI.

Headphone are required plug-in as an antenna to receive radio frequency.

Check out FM Radio in action on Nokia N9


If you notice, every time the app is closed the radio will be reset to default. There are still a lot room for improvement like save radio stations, display RDS and playback on loudspeaker.

Radio FM is still a beta version and can be downloaded HERE

SOURCE

3 comments

kissyme.up said... @ November 14, 2011 at 10:39 PM

How can I install on my N9?

Please suggest. I've already downloaded on my PC but really don't know if I just plug in my usb cable and copy the app to any folder?

cnarissa@hotmail.com

Anonymous said... @ November 15, 2011 at 11:13 PM

You need to enable "Allow installation from non-store sources"

Go to setting - Applications - Installation.

Then copy the file into your N9 and use File Manager to execute the file. If you don't have the file manager, download it from Nokia Store.

Hope this will help :)

jmdelal said... @ January 24, 2012 at 11:06 AM

But also install the FM Trnasmisor?
Thanks

JM

Post a Comment